Skinny Egg Salad
Amount Per Serving (0.25 cup)
Calories from Fat 36
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.5g9%
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Vitamin A 265IU5%
Vitamin C 1.1mg1%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
Servings:6 servings of 1/4 cup
A super easy, healthy egg salad recipe that can be served in a variety of ways for a nutritious lunch.
hard boiled eggs, chopped
(or use a 6 ounce container) nonfat plain Greek yogurt*
chopped fresh dill
chopped chives or green onion
salt + more to taste
ground black pepper + more to taste
Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
Serve egg salad on top of bread, rice cakes, pita or in a wrap or with crackers.
FOR PALEO OR WHOLE30 COMPLIANT RECIPE: Substitute Greek Yogurt for a healthy mayo brand, such as Primal Kitchen Real Mayonnaise.
MAKING HARD BOILED EGGS:
- Air fryer method - Set the temp to 250ºF and cooked eggs for 16 minutes.
- Stove top method - Fill enough water in a large pot that will cover the eggs by 1-inch, once added. Bring water to a boil and then carefully place eggs in the hot water. Boil the eggs for 30 seconds, place the lid on the pot and reduce heat to low. Cook eggs on a low simmer for 12 minutes.
- Instant Pot method - Place eggs on a trivet, add 1 cup of water and select Pressure Cook for 5 minutes, then vent immediately.
- Oven method - Bake eggs for 25 minutes at 325°F. With all options, it’s important to immerse the eggs in a bath of ice water immediately afterwards to stop the cooking. Leave in ice bath for about 15 minutes to chill. Then peel and chop the eggs.
STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS: Leftover egg salad can be refrigerator an airtight container for up to 1 additional day. Press a sheet of plastic wrap against the surface to deter browning.
Easy Egg Salad, healthy egg salad, Skinny Egg Salad