Vodka Watermelon Cocktails
Vodka Watermelon Cocktails are the perfect refreshing drink to sip on this summer! Easy, light and made with 4 ingredients – you’re gonna love this summer cocktail! Only 120 calories per serving!
This post was originally posted on 7/18/19. It was updated on 6/5/21 with new content.
Hello, sweet summertime. This delicious cocktail really is the epitome of summer. I love the fresh flavors and I have been all about the watermelon, lately. Ordering watermelon cocktails when I go out and when I’m on vacation is the best, but why not make yummy watermelon drinks at home?! It’s so easy too!
Get ready, my friends. This watermelon cocktail recipe is about to become your go-to drink this summer! It’s easy to make, refined sugar-free, and delicious.
If you love this recipe, be sure to try my Strawberry Margaritas!
Ingredients for Vodka Watermelon Cocktails:
What do you need? Not much, it’s simple!
- Vodka. Find a good quality vodka! I like Prairie Organic Vodka or Titos. You can also sub it with Sprite or Topo Chico to make this drink a family-friendly fun mocktail!
- Watermelon juice or chilled watermelon. There are lots of options. You can totally use fresh watermelon, which is amazing. But if you don’t want the hassle of blending watermelon, these cocktails work great with store-bought watermelon juice. In my opinion, Trader Joe’s Sparkling Watermelon Juice is the best, but you can find Simply Watermelon Juice at pretty much any grocery store this time of year.
- Freshly squeezed lime juice. Fresh is best, but in a pinch bottled works just fine.
- Sprite or sparkling water. This is optional, but I really love for my cocktails to have a bit of fizz. If I’m not using the Sparkling Watermelon Juice from Trader Joe’s, I like to top this drink off with Sprite or something similar.
- Fresh mint and fresh watermelon. Totally optional for garnish, but so pretty, especially if you’re entertaining!
- Ice. Don’t skimp on the ice! You want this drink to be plenty cold.
How to Make Easy Watermelon Cocktails:
It’s SO super easy to whip these cocktails up!
Simply stir together watermelon juice with vodka, fresh lime juice and sweetener of your choice. Add ice and enjoy! If you want your cocktail fizzy, top it off with club soda, Sprite or another fizzy soda. Garnish with fresh mint, lime slices and/or small watermelon wedges.
If you would prefer to use fresh watermelon to make your cocktail, I’ve listed instructions for blending the watermelon in the recipe card, below. Either way, these cocktails are so refreshing and absolutely irresistible!
Tips for Making Vodka Watermelon Cocktails:
- For the absolute best flavor, I recommend using all fresh ingredients. However, I’ve made these cocktails many times using store-bought watermelon juice and bottled lime juice and they still turned out delicious.
- Your vodka matters. A high-quality vodka, like Prairie Organic Vodka or Titos goes down smooth and isn’t too harsh. Do yourself a favor and get some nice vodka.
This Watermelon Cocktail is:
And so simple to make!
Fabulous for summer barbecues, brunches, showers or just hanging around the house. This watermelon cocktail recipe will quickly become one of your favorites, as it already has become one of mine! Bring on your sweltering heat, summer. With this drink, I’m ready!
We enjoyed these Vodka Watermelon Cocktails alongside my seared salmon tacos one night, and the combination was just outstanding. When our glasses were empty, we were quickly left wanting more. So be prepared to provide plenty of refills for your adoring guests.
These would also be fabulous paired with my favorite homemade salsa, the best ever guacamole and cilantro jalapeño hummus.
Watch the video below to see how easy these cocktails are to make!
If you try these watermelon cocktails, let me know! Leave a comment and if you love them as much as I do, be sure to give it a five star ⭐️ rating! Also, tag @kimscravings on Instagram with a picture of your creation. It’s so fun to see what you’re cooking! Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy delicious recipes straight to your inbox.
Vodka Watermelon Cocktails
- 2 ounces (1/4 cup) chilled watermelon juice
- 1 1/2 - 2 ounces (1/4 cup) vodka use more or less depending on how strong you like your cocktail
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) fresh lime juice about 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar, honey or maple syrup for added sweetness* (optional)
- fresh mint, lime wedges and small watermelon wedges, optional for garnish
- Add watermelon juice, vodka, lime juice, and your choice of sweetener syrup to a rocks or cocktail glass then stir to combine. Fill glass to the top with ice then serve with fresh mint and garnish with a lime wedge or watermelon wedge. Alternatively, you could add the ingredients into a shaker, fill it halfway up with ice, then shake to chill.
- If you like your drink fizzy, feel free to top it off with about 2 ounces of club soda or even Sprite.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @kimscravings on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to our mailing list to receive more healthy and delicious recipes straight to your inbox!
This was a great starting point! I like “fizz” in my drinks also – so I topped it off with prosecco!
Yay! I’m so glad you enjoyed! Sounds perfect!
I made this as directed and it was delicious! I had watermelon on hand I didn’t want to waste so I blended that up to make the juice then used club soda as suggested, and honey (because I didn’t have agave syrup on hand). Later on I wanted to try adding a bit of a twist on this and added a few drops of orange bitters and muddle some mint. It was fantastic either way! Thank you for this recipe.
So happy you enjoyed! Thanks for taking time to leave feedback!
Love this drink. So refreshing!
Me too! So happy you’re enjoying it!
Very nice; I like the freshness and simplicity.
I used a vodka that I flavor with cacao, which worked well.
My only note to myself is that I’ll probably halve the lime juice next time.
Thank you for sharing!
I am going to try this on the 4th of July…..I blended my watermelon, and then froze it into an ice cube tray….so excited to see if this is good. Thanks for the recipe….
Love that idea! Be sure to come back and let me know what you think!
Absolutely love this cocktail…so delicious and refreshing! I used watermelon vodka, a little honey as the sweetener, but didn’t have fresh limes so used bottled lime juice and it was still soooo good!
Yay! So glad you love it as much as I do! I need to find that watermelon vodka!
This is such an amazing vodka recipe! I loved it!
This is – most definitely – one of the most refreshing and delicious drinks that I have ever had! I love the lime and watermelon together and I can’t wait to have my friends over for a fun and cooling summer party!
Yay! So glad you enjoyed!
it is incredibly annoying when people give a recipe 5 stars just because it looks pretty or sounds good. i actually just made these with fresh watermelon and used our backyard honey and mint. we drink tito’s vodka. delicious cocktail well chilled over ice.
So glad you enjoyed!
This drink was perfect! Light and refreshing for the summer! Thank you.
Just made these for the pool today!! They were so refreshing and delicious. Thank you for another fabulous recipe!!
Made these last night and my friends and I loved them! My new go-to summer cocktail!
Not only was this recipe easy to make and delicious, but it was so pretty! Perfect for hosting guests! We all loved!
My new favorite summer cocktail. We used the Trader Joe’s sparkling watermelon juice and this came out so refreshing and delicious. Will definitely be making again!