Vegan Blueberry Ice Cream and Summer Fun with Blue Diamond
Luscious creamy blueberry ice cream made with 5 all natural vegan ingredients. Perfect for a red, white and blue ice cream party!
Happy July and happy summer! Ice cream screams summer, so it’s no surprise that July is National Ice Cream Month. I personally think every month should be National Ice Cream Month. Are you with me on that? 😉 If you’re following me on Instagram, then you may have seen this beautiful blueberry creation. It’s really tasty, too… and creamy… and healthy!
Can you tell, I’m trying to go with a red, white and blue theme? I think a red, white and blue ice cream bar would be a super fun idea for any Fourth of July parties or get-togethers that you guys might be hosting. Optional toppings that I had on hand were strawberries, blueberries, shredded coconut and chopped almonds. Blue Diamond sent me my two favorite almond varieties; coconut and blueberry. Have ya’ll tried Blue Diamond’s flavored almonds? Oh my goodness, these are so addicting! They are an easy summer treat for get-togethers and a fabulous grab-n-go snack to bring along to the beach, pool, work or wherever your summer day takes you. And believe me… Blue Diamond almonds make the perfect topping for ice cream, yogurt, oatmeal, cereal and salad!
- 1 13.66 oz can full fat coconut milk (I recommend Thai Kitchen brand, found in the Asian section of your grocery store)
- 1 13.66 oz can unsweetened vanilla almond milk (to measure, I poured my almond milk into the empty coconut milk can)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup honey could be used, but is not vegan
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- Combine all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Prepare ice cream maker according to instructions and pour blended ingredients into the bowl of the ice cream maker.
- Allow ingredients to churn for recommended time (mine takes 20 minutes).
- Ice cream will be like soft serve. If you want a more frozen ice cream, transfer it to a freezer safe container (I use a 9 x 5 loaf pan) and let ice cream harden in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to serve in bowls or cones and use your favorite toppings to create an extra delicious healthier ice cream.
*Any combination of milk should work. However, you will get best results using at least half of a full fat milk.
*You change up this recipe by using any of your favorite frozen fruits.
Something to think about….
Have you ever made your own ice cream? What’s your favorite flavor to make?
Have you tried Blue Diamond almonds? How about the flavored variety? If so, what’s your favorite flavor?
What food absolutely screams summer to you?
Do you have an ice cream maker? I just got mine and, so far, I’m really happy with it. It’s this one. <—-affiliate link
Have a terrific Tuesday and I’ll see you back here tomorrow for What I Ate Wednesday!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. As always, though, all opinions are my own.