Tips for a Calmer Morning
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #McCafeMyWay #CollectiveBias
I don’t know about you, but when my morning is stressful it can set the whole day off on the wrong foot. If you’re a parent, I’m sure you can relate. It’s enough of a challenge getting myself ready for the day, then add kids to the mix and things really get interesting! Number one priority before the kids rise up out of bed is the coffee!
My three children range in age from 8 to 18, so I have quite a bit of experience with the morning hustle and bustle. Through the years I’ve come up with several tips for a calmer morning that I try my best to follow. I know when I make the extra effort to adhere to these tips, my day will no doubt get off to a smoother start. Oh and starting my day with a couple cups of coffee helps too!
Tips for a Calmer Morning:
- Set a morning routine and stick to it. In my household, I’m the first one to rise and I have myself pretty well ready for the day before I start waking up kids. The kids wake up and eat their breakfast at the same time everyday and then follow the same regimen for getting themselves bathed and dressed.
- Decide what to wear the night before and this goes for the kiddos too. This is probably my top tip and saves so much time, not to mention frustration in the morning. When I skip this step the night before, I’m always regretful.
- Piggybacking on #2- it’s also a huge time saver to have lunches packed and have a set plan on breakfast the night before. My younger daughter and I always bring our lunch to work and school and if I have to make lunches in the morning, this adds about 15 minutes to my morning routine. I also always find out what the kids want for breakfast before they go to bed, which cuts down on arguments in the morning.
- If your kids have difficulty staying motivated to get ready in the morning, consider printing out a checklist and laminating it, so they can check items off as they go. I love checking things off of lists, so maybe this would work for the kids too! This printable checklist from Inner Child Fun is great.
- Get enough sleep. You probably worry about getting the kiddos to sleep at a decent hour, but it’s super important that you start your mornings fresh and wide awake. Being overtired will make mornings even tougher.
- Make sure you’ve calculated a small amount of “me” time into your morning routine. Believe me, it will be so worth it. I always have plenty of time for my morning coffee, especially when it tastes as good as McCafé coffee!
If you’re a long time reader, you know I never skip my morning cups of coffee. Lately, I’ve been enjoying McCafé coffee. McCafé is a premium quality coffee made with 100% Arabica beans. It’s harvested from the rich soils and mountainous regions of the foremost coffee-growing areas of the world. I love the rich, smooth and delicious flavor that’s fabulous until the last sip!
McCafé coffee can be found at Walmart and while visiting my local Walmart, I had the opportunity to try the McCafé coffee. I was sold! There are 8 flavors to choose from and it is sold in premium bags or coffee pods. At my local Walmart, the McCafé coffee is found at the end of an aisle and not with the other coffee products.
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!
Something to think about….
Have you tried McCafé coffee, yet? What did you think?
Do you have any tips for a smoother morning? Are you a morning or night person?