The Perfect App for the Magazine Addict
Hello! If you’re as big of a magazine addict as I am, I’ve got something that I
think know you’re going to LOVE.
Next Issue is an app that can be accessed using an Apple iPad, iPad mini, Android tablets, Windows 8 PCs and tablets. With Next Issue, you can download over 90 different magazine titles from top publishers including Allure, Cooking Light, Cosmopolitan, Fitness, Glamour, Good Housekeeping, Health, People, Redbook, Rolling Stone, Self, US Weekly, Vegetarian Times and many more.
Not only do you have access to all of your favorite magazines with just a touch of your finger, but you have access to all of the back issues too. This is seriously a great way to cut down on clutter and paper waste, but still never miss a thing.
Really Cool Features
- You create your own custom library. One tap adds your picks to your personal library and new issues of your selected magazines automatically appear in your library. Tap any cover to open that magazine or browse the back issues.
- All titles have really easy navigation. All titles share the same user-friendly navigation features, allowing you to flip through pages for a cover-to-cover read or tap the screen to reveal a shortcut tool that lets you jump to a specific section or hop back to the table of contents.
- Custom settings allow you the ability to download your favorite magazines for offline reading anywhere; you may also set up automatic download for titles on your always-read list so they’re guaranteed to be ready when you are. This is so great for someone like me, who has an iPad without Wi-Fi.
- You have the ability to use your single account, on multiple devices. A single account offers access to Next Issue content on up to five different devices. I have my personal library set up on my laptop using Windows 8 and on my iPad. Very handy!
- The Unlimited Basic Membership is $9.99/month (access to all 84 monthly titles including current and back issues, e.g., Cooking Light, Esquire, Real Simple, Vanity Fair, Wired, etc.)
- The Unlimited Premium Membership is $14.99/month (unlimited access to all monthly and weekly titles including current and back issues, e.g., The New Yorker, People, Time, etc.)
- If you’re someone who buys 3-4 magazines per month this could be a really good deal! However, if you only have one or two favorite magazines and aren’t really interested in having various others to look through, this probably isn’t the best deal for you.
- Experience Next Issue with a 30-day free trial!! Click here and check out how cool Next Issue is….. you won’t be disappointed!
- This entire post highlights the pros, but things I especially like are the great magazine choices, easy navigation, magazine pages are pleasant to look at, having all of the back issues is great and I love the ability to download magazines for later offline viewing.
- I want to read all of my favorite magazines, but I just do not have the time! So many reading choices, so little time! Okay, so maybe this really isn’t a con. 😉
- If you don’t have a tablet or Windows 8 on your PC, you’re out of luck.
- As far as I’m aware; there isn’t a way to highlight or bookmark information in a particular magazine. For example, last night I found several recipes from Eating Clean magazine and I would really like to somehow bookmark them, so that I don’t forget about going back and making them.
- No running magazines available, at this time. Runner’s World is one of my faves, so this was a little disappointing.
I took my iPad with me, yesterday, to Madelyn’s horse riding lessons and made sure to download a couple of magazines I was interested in reading offline…. the best time-killer ever! I’m hooked!
Something to think about….
Do you read magazines often?
Which magazines are your favorites?
Do you think you would enjoy having this app?
Stay cool and enjoy your Thursday!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.