Simple Tips for Snack Packing
If you’re anything like me, you’re pretty much hungry all of the time! It’s definitely a must to have tasty satisfying snacks on the ready. I would say I’m pretty much an expert when it comes to snack packing. Ha!
Everyday before work, I prepare a mid-morning and after work snack to bring with me. I have a few simple tips for snack packing that I follow, for easier, filling and more delicious snacking.
1. Pack nutritious snacks that don’t lead to mindless munching. I enjoy protein-rich bars, such as Nature Valley protein bars paired with a fiber-filled apple. This snack not only satisfies my sweet tooth, but it also fuels my day.
2. Pack to fit dietary needs. Personally, I like packing snacks that are high in protein and fairly low in calories, that will keep me from getting hungry an hour later. If your diet requires gluten-free foods, you’ll be happy to learn Nature Valley has made 12 of your favorite snack bars gluten free. They are absolutely wonderful and a must try whether you eat gluten-free or not.
3. Pack a variety to satisfy cravings. I like to have raw veggies and hummus, fruits, yogurt and bars on hand to allow for plenty of options. Also, pairing a couple of yummy snacks together, makes for more fun deliciousness.
4. Pack healthy sources of fats and fiber. I love that Nature Valley bars contain one of my favorite healthy fats, almonds.
5. Pack nutrient dense snacks. The importance of snacking is to curb cravings, improve your mood and boost energy. Don’t just settle for any snack… be sure you’re eating a snack that will actually manage hunger.
Something to think about….
Do have any simple snack packing tips, I didn’t mention?
Have you tried Nature Valley’s new gluten-free bars?
Be sure to enter the Nature Valley Perfect Pair Sweepstakes, going on now!
Post a photo showing a Nature Valley gluten-free bar and another food item, object or activity that you feel pairs well with the bar and include the hashtag: #NVPerfectPairSweepstakes in your post for a chance to win one of 2 $500 Visa Gift Cards.
- Entry Methods:
1) Facebook Sweepstakes Entry via Nature Valley Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/naturevalley
2) Instagram Sweepstakes Entry – follow @naturevalley and post to your public Instagram account using hashtag
3) Send a 3” x 5” card with your name, mailing address and email address to Nature Valley Perfect Pair Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 2605, Grand Rapids, MN 55745-2605
Check out all of the gluten-free bars available from Nature Valley on the Nature Valley website!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature Valley. The opinions and text are all mine.