Roasted Shrimp Avocado Bites
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.#FlavorsOfTheGame #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
Roasted Shrimp Avocado Bites- the perfect no-fuss, incredibly tasty, crowd-pleasing finger food!
Shrimp is a favorite of mine. It’s tasty, light and can be ready in a flash. I typically cook it up in a skillet over the stove. This was my first time roasting it in the oven and these little buggers are cooked to perfection. Oven roasting is my new go-to method for cooking up my favorite seafood.
I don’t know about you guys, but we’re gearing up for the Big Game over here at the Lee household. My favorite thing about hosting friends to watch the game is the food… and the drinks, of course! When I host gatherings, I like to at least serve one appetizer that’s satisfying and unique. Roasted shrimp avocado bites paired with Woodbridge Wines Chardonnay could not be more perfect- pretty much a match made in heaven.
Let’s get this party started- these bites are so easy, so go ahead and pour yourself a glass of Chardonnay. Take a sip and savor the wonderful depth and flavor. Okay, now toss shrimp in olive oil and seasonings and then roast for about 5 minutes.
Once shrimp is cooked and has cooled slightly, fill scoopable chips with salsa.
Add a roasted shrimp… and keep the Woodbridge Wine flowing! 🙂
And the finishing touch- avocado and cilantro!
- For roasted shrimp
- 1 lb. medium shrimp, uncooked*
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika (or regular paprika)
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt or Himalayan salt
- For shrimp bites
- 1 bag of scoop-shaped tortilla chips
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the shrimp in a large mixing bowl, toss to coat with olive oil, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika and salt. Spread shrimp evenly on a large baking sheet. Roast for 4 to 6 minutes, just until the shrimp are opaque and cooked through (do not over-cook) Set aside to allow shrimp to cool slightly.
- Assemble shrimp bites by spooning about 1 teaspoon salsa in a scoop-shaped tortilla chip, followed by a couple cubes of avocado and 1 roasted shrimp.
- Add a sprig of cilantro. Enjoy!
**Nutritional information and serving size is for shrimp only.
***In one bag of tortilla scoop chips, I was able to get about 24 chips that were not broken. You will have plenty of shrimp and avocado to make way more. I'm sure you could get about 50-60 bites, if you buy another bag of chips.
Now that’s the way I like to do Game Day! What about you?
If you’re a shrimp fan, you’ll love these Super Simple Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa!
Something to think about….
Do you have a favorite an easy go-to appetizer recipe? Have you tried Woodbridge Wines?