Pumpkin Kodiak Cakes and a Kodiak Cakes Giveaway
*photos updated 11/7/15
Hi, guys!!! I hope you’re as excited as I am about all things pumpkin. I’ve got a super yummy giveaway today to kick off the Fall season, not to mention my love for pumpkin pancakes!
Kodiak Cakes flapjack/waffle mix is one of my very favorite ways to make waffles and pancakes. The ingredient list and calorie count are both great, they taste absolutely wonderful and are super quick and easy. Sometimes I keep it simple and just use the mix with water, but it’s always fun to jazz it up, especially when the flavors of Fall are involved. When I was making pancakes a couple of weekends ago…. yes, I’ve had the pumpkin out that long…. I decided to try a pumpkin version of the Kodiak Cakes and the results were pretty great!
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes flapjack/waffle mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- *alternatively you could use a few teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice instead of the other seasonings
- Prepare a large skillet or griddle with an all-natural cooking spray or coconut oil and heat it over med-high heat.
- Combine all ingredients. Don't over stir.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to transfer batter onto skillet or griddle, cooking a few pancakes at a time. When you see that air bubbles on the tops of the pancakes are popping, it's time to flip. Cook on the other side for about 1-2 mins and until lightly browned. Enjoy with maple syrup or any other favorite topping!
* You can substitute spices for about 1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice.
For those of you that love pancakes and waffles, but have never tried Kodiak Cakes; I’m so happy to get to share the loveliness with all of you. The people from Kodiak Cakes have offered to giveaway 3 boxes of mix, 1 box each to 3 lucky readers. This will be in the form of vouchers, so the only problem is you have to be able to find Kodiak Cakes mix at a store near you. If you have a Target near you, you’re in luck. The mix is available at most Target stores in every state and various other grocery stores. Click here for a list of stores for your state.
This giveaway is easy to enter, just tell me your favorite thing about Fall. Get additional entries for liking my FB page, following me on Twitter and/or tweeting about the giveaway. The giveaway will end midnight on the 26th. Thanks for playing!
Something to think about…..
Have you ever tried Kodiak Cakes flapjack/waffle mix?
I know I’ve asked this before, flapjacks or waffles? I love flapjacks, but waffles RULE!
Have a terrific Tuesday and be sure to check back tomorrow for What I Ate Wednesday!