My Go-To Salad in a Jar Lunch
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson®. The opinions and text are all mine.
My Go-To Salad in a Jar Lunch is super easy and super quick with a nutritious boost to fuel the craziest of days!
Since completing and having such awesome results on the 21 Day Fix EXTREME, I’ve made it a top priority to stay focused on healthy eats and portion control. Grabbing a jar brimming with veggies and tasty Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips is the perfect way to stay on track.
I typically reserve a few hours on Sunday for meal planning and prep. It makes the week so much easier when I have lunches and snacks prepared and a few easy dinners planned out. I first got on board with the “salad in a jar” trend last year and found creating salad jars so helpful, I created one of the most popular posts on the blog, a tutorial for making the ultimate salad in a jar.
This particular go-to salad in a jar lunch recipe is quite simple- with a few veggie add-ins, a flavorful dressing and protein-rich Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips you’ve got a meal you’ll be anxious to dig into. I especially enjoy the Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast in my salad jar!
I picked up Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips on my grocery haul to Walmart. Tyson® makes creating a delicious and healthy meal easy with these 98% fat free, fully-cooked chicken strips. A figure-friendly protein source ready-to-go lickety split!
My Go-To Salad in a Jar Lunch
- 1-2 tablespoons dressing or extra virgin olive oil and lemon juice*
- 1/2 cup veggies- grape tomatoes, diced zucchini, sliced carrot
- 1-2 cups fresh greens- spinach, romaine, kale
- 3/4 cup diced Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Oven Roasted Diced Chicken Breast
- 1/4 cup diced avocado**
- In a large mason jar (or other container), add all ingredients in the order listed. Start with dressing and end with avocado. See my salad jar tutorial for more specifics.
- Cover jar or container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- When you’re ready to eat, vigorously shake jar. Or if you prefer, your Mason jar salad can be poured into another container; like a big bowl. I pack things pretty tight with tons of veggies in my jar, but when I shake it up, the dressing is still able to coat all of the veggies. Enjoy straight from the jar!
For more detailed instructions on how to build the ultimate salad jar and other add-in ideas for creating a variety of salad jar lunches, check out my Salad Jar Tutorial.
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Fully Cooked Refrigerated Grilled Chicken Breast Strips? If not, you should. They are #everydayeffortless! 🙂
What about salad jars, have you tried those?