ALRIGHT!!! It’s Friday and I’m one week closer to Spring Break….now that’s something to celebrate! I haven’t done a link love post in a couple of weeks, so I have some really great links saved up to share with you. Let’s get this party started!
1. No Bake Cookies made with dates- My husband and I are both crazy for dates and I will always have a special place in my heart for no bake cookies because of my mom making them when I was a kid. I can’t wait to try Tina’s version of the no bake cookie made with dates, honey and coconut oil.
2. Sweetest thing ever- You may have come across this letter floating around the internet. I first saw it when Jenny posted it on Facebook and by the end of the letter I was in tears. It is seriously the sweetest and most romantic thing I have ever heard.
by Sue Johnston, 68 via Huffington Post:
“My sweet husband, John, and I were married for 46 years. Each Valentine’s Day, he’d send me the most beautiful flowers containing a note with five simple words: ‘My love for you grows.’
Four children, 46 bouquets and a lifetime of love were his legacy to me when he passed away two years ago.On my first Valentine’s Day alone, 10 months after I lost him, I was shocked to receive a gorgeous bouquet addressed to me..from John.
Angry and heartbroken, I called the florist to say there had been a mistake. The florist replied, ‘No, ma’am, it’s not a mistake. Before he passed away, your husband prepaid for many years and asked us to guarantee that you’d continue getting bouquets every Valentine’s Day.’
With my heart in my throat, I hung up the phone and read the attached card. It said, ‘My love for you is eternal.’”
3. Microwaving Veggies- I’ve always been a little perplexed about whether or not to microwave my veggies. Caitlin’s blog post makes me feel so much better about giving my leftover roasted veggies a little zap.
4. Pinterest Tutorial- Bloggers that regularly use Pinterest will definitely appreciate all of Jenny’s great tips for optimizing Pinterest!
5. Sweet Potato Banana Bites- My two favorites in one bite…sweet potatoes and bananas! I will for sure be trying Lindsay’s Sweet Potato Banana Bites out on food prep day.
6. Smoothie Recipe- I haven’t had a shake or smoothie in forever and as much as I’m craving one, I just can’t make myself make one when I’m cold. This Banana Berry Peanut Butter Broccoli Smoothie recipe is really making me want to dust off the ‘ol blender!
7. Challenging Workouts- I’m always up for a great sweat session! This weekend, I came across two workouts that I will definitely be trying this weekend. Kristin’s Sweaty Sunday Workout looks like a leg/butt killer! Julie’s treadmill workouts always make me a sweaty mess and add a little incline into the mix and I know I’m really in for a beating!
8. Thoughts on Trader Joe’s- In my opinion Trader Joe’s just happens to be the best damn store in the world!! This thought catalog post is pretty funny and I would so have to agree on the parking lot thought.
Well that’s all folks……
Something to think about…..
Have you tried any of the above recipes that I posted?
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe? Feel free to link up!
Any fun plans this weekend?
Hope your weekend is absolutely brilliant!!