Hello! Well, the weekend really flew by. I really didn’t do anything too exciting…. but, I did get in two really great workouts, cooked up tons of food to be shared on the blog (including these Almond Butter Honey Cheerio Bars), made a trip to Costco and Trader Joe’s and spent plenty of time with the fam. I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend too!
How about an easy peasy sweet treat to get this Monday started off right? Yes, indeed! These Cheerio Bars are one of the simplest recipes on the blog, easy enough for a child, and there’s no baking required. Plus all of the kiddos and adults in my household gave them two thumbs up!
- 6 cups Cheerios cereal, I used honey nut Cheerios
- 1 cup honey, local and raw is best
- 1 cup almond butter, I used homemade raw salted almond butter but any favorite nut butter works or use sunflower seed butter if nut allergies are an issue
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips, I used Enjoy Life Brand (optional)
- Prepare a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add 6 cups of Cheerios (any Cheerio variety will work) and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, heat honey over medium heat. Stir for about 5 minutes and until honey is thin and warm.
- Remove the honey from heat and add in nut butter, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the honey/nut butter mixture over the cereal, add chocolate chips (if using) and stir everything together until cereal is well coated.
- Transfer cereal to prepared 9x13 baking dish.
- Use damp hands to press the cereal mixture into dish.
- Once cooled, slice into squares and serve.
- These will keep well, covered and at room temperature, for up to a week. I promise they won't last that long, though!
Included in each of these ooey, gooey, irresistible bars you’ll find; almond butter or any favorite nut butter, honey, chocolate chips and Cheerios. Could it really get any better? Not only do these Almond Butter Honey Cheerio Bars taste over-the-top scrumptious; there is no baking required. There are lots of Cheerio bar recipes floating around, but this one is on the healthier side and, believe me, these are plenty sweet from the honey… no additional sugar needed.
Almond Butter Cheerio Bars are a great alternative to rice crispy treats. For one, I think these Cheerio bars are tastier and secondly, Cheerios include whole grains whereas rice crisp cereal does not. Other healthy moves, was replacing the marshmallows for honey and butter for almond butter.
These are the most perfect go-to treat for a quick snack that everyone will love. They’re great for after school treats, bringing to picnics, bake sales or to a pot luck meal.
A marvelous treat for a marvelous Monday! I’m celebrating the beginning of a new delightful week with The Healthy Diva. Click on the button below to be taken to her blog and check out other Marvelous in my Monday blog posts.
Have you ever had Cheerio Bars?
Were Cheerios a breakfast favorite for you, as a child? I loved Cheerios, especially with diced banana.
Did you have a good weekend? Are you looking forward to anything special this week?
Happy snacking and have a great week! Also, be sure to check back tomorrow…. we’ll balance out the sweet treats with quite possibly the most gorgeous salad I’ve ever made. Yes, I did just call a salad gorgeous! You’ll see! 😉
Of possible interest: Registration for the Spring Conscious Cleanse is now open!
Register here —> http://www.1shoppingcart.com/