Homemade Oat Flour Pizza Crust
Friends. Let me introduce you to my new favorite thing: clean eating Homemade Oat Flour Pizza Crust.
This lightened up, easy, hand-held oat flour pizza crust is made with just two main ingredients and is versatile enough to go with both traditional tomato-mozzarella toppings and less-traditional pizza situations such as a bbq chicken pizza or Greek pizza.
Pizza is one of those foods where even if you go astray and use some non-traditional ingredients and get a little funky with it, you should, at the very least, always, always, always be able to pick it up with your hands. It’s just a personal food conviction, okay? Well, this pizza totally hits the mark!
HOW TO MAKE THIS HOMEMADE OAT FLOUR PIZZA CRUST:
Let’s take it from the beginning. You mostly need TWO THINGS:
- some rolled oats
- egg whites
Yep, that’s it! Oh my!
If you don’t feel too strongly about breaking the two ingredient rule, add a few other things for extra flavor. I added salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. I also added baking powder to give the crust a bit of a rise. Pulse those all together in a food processor or blender.
You literally take that mixture, pour it onto a heated skillet and let it do its thang.
The end. This is your crust. You just worked a miracle. Haha… transfer it to a baking sheet and top it with all of your favorites.
HOMEMADE OAT FLOUR PIZZA CRUST IS A NEW FAVORITE!
I made my pizza really simple. I added crushed tomatoes and cheese. My cheese looks a little funny because I kept this pizza dairy free with daiya mozzarella style cheese. I’m sure you can make your pizza look way prettier with tons of melty cheese. 😊
The pizza cuts into slices nicely, it can be picked up wth your hands assuming you don’t overload it with every topping known to humanity (not that I’ve ever done that ever in my life ever), and it is the definition of REAL FOOD meets CONVENIENCE meets DELICIOUS.
Guys! This is a weeknight pizza game-changer.
For the record, I still love a regular pizza crust above all else. Who doesn’t, right?!
But this easy any-night-of-the-week beauty is pretty great. It’s low maintenance, versatile, hand-hold-able, healthy, simple, real food made easy… gah it all just makes me happy beyond happy.
I can promise you, this whole grain, gluten free, dairy free pizza crust will be one of your new favorite ways to enjoy pizza in a much healthier way!
I hope you LOVE this pizza as much as I did! It’s:
Easy to make
& Uber satisfying
I love making this pizza for my lunch. I usually half the recipe and eat it with a salad. It would make the perfect appetizer on Italian night or even the main event when paired with a green salad.
If you’re into this Homemade Oat Flour Pizza Crust, be sure to check out my Loaded Pizza on Cauliflower Crust, Caprese Pizza on a Spelt Flour Pizza Crust, and Zucchini Pizza Crust from the Recipe Critic!
- 1 cup old fashioned oats gluten free as needed
- 1/2 cup egg whites from a carton
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400ºF and heat a large skillet (on the stove) over medium heat that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all crust ingredients to the bowl of a food processor or the pitcher of a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto heated skillet; shape with the back of a spoon into a circle and spread for desired thickness. Cook for about 5 minutes and until edges start to brown and mixture is pretty set.
- Crust should be lifting some when it is ready to flip. Use a spatula to flip crust over in the pan and cook the other side for about 2-3 minutes.
- Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and transfer crust from skillet onto the pan.
- Add sauce and all desired toppings. Bake 10 minutes until cheese is melted and edges of the crust are slightly browned.
- Serve up and enjoy!