Homemade Key Lime Pie LARABAR
I have a new favorite LARABAR!!! And it’s the perfect flavor for summer!
I have been on a big Key Lime Pie kick, lately. First, there was the Light Key Lime Pie that I made for my book club and then the Key Lime Pie oats from MyOatmeal.com. So when I came across Key Lime Pie LARABARS at the store, I couldn’t wait to give them a try. The Key Lime Pie flavor definitely did not disappoint! I loved it so much and I had plenty of limes leftover from when I made the Light Key Lime Pie, that needed to be used up, so I decided to give my own Key Lime Pie bar recipe a shot.
This recipe could not be simpler! First, I used my food processor to grind the nuts and coconut together until it looked like the picture below. You want to give the nuts a good chop, but you don’t want to process so long that it turns to flour.
You will then want to transfer this nut mixture to a small bowl and pulse the pitted dates, until they look like the picture below.
Now combine both the nut mixture and the dates in the food processor and process them together. Once they are fully combined, pour the mixture out onto wax paper or another similar working area. I used a slightly damp butcher block. The mixture will be really sticky at this point and you will have an easier time working with the mixture, if your hands are a little damp. Shape the dough into a square, like the below picture and cut out your bars. I used a pizza cutter to cut out my bars and this worked fabulously.
I cut out small pieces of parchment paper, as seen in the picture below to separate the bars and stored them in a large container in the fridge. After they are stored in the fridge, the bars will harden up, slightly, and will not be sticky.
Homemade Key Lime Pie LARABARs
- 1 cup whole raw cashews
- 1 cup whole raw almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 15 Medjool dates, pitted
- juice from 1 medium lime
- Grind cashews, almonds and coconut in a food processor, until you have finely chopped nuts. This will only take a few seconds. Transfer nut mixture to a small bowl.
- Grind pitted dates for a few seconds. Add nut mixture and lime juice into the food processor with the dates and process until full combined.
- Transfer the mixture onto wax paper or a damp surface and shape and flatten the entire mixture into a large square. Cut into 12 bars. I use a pizza slicer for cutting the bars. I also dampen my hands slightly when working with the mixture.
- Store in the fridge for up to two weeks or in the freezer for longer. I separated my bars with small pieces of parchment paper and stored them in a large container.
Something to think about….
Have you tried LARABARs before? If so, what’s your favorite flavor? I love the Key Lime Pie, Coconut Cream Pie and Peanut Butter Cookie.
Have you ever made your own snack bar?
Any fun plans this weekend?
Hope your weekend is fabulous!!
Today is the last day to enter the MyOatmeal.com giveaway for a chance to custom make your own oatmeal blend. Be sure and enter below!