Healthy Birthday Cake Protein Smoothie + Blendtec Giveaway
I’ve got some great news. Yesterday, Kim’s Cravings turned 4-years-old and we’re celebrating with a Healthy Birthday Cake Protein Smoothie and the BEST blender ever, the Designer 625 with bonus twister jar!!!!!!!!!!
The Healthy Birthday Cake Protein Smoothie gets it’s yummy vanilla cake flavor from several simple ingredients- vanilla protein powder, coconut flour, butter flavoring, almond extract, baking soda and don’t forget the pinch of salt. All of these pantry staples combine together to create that classic birthday cake flavor we all know and love. The perfect healthier sweet treat for a celebration!
I used my Blendtec to experiment with a few different ingredient possibilities to come up with the best birthday cake smoothie ever. You guys need to try this out and let me know if I succeeded. I really think without using any crazy unhealthy ingredients, this is pretty close to that scrumptious birthday cake flavor.
And speaking of Blendtec, my go-to blender of choice (and, yes, I’ve owned a Vitamix and Ninja) they are so generously helping me celebrate my blogging birthday with a huge giveaway for one lucky reader. Thanks so much to the awesome folks at Blendtec there is one Designer 625 + Twister Jar up for grabs.
If you’ve never used a Blendtec, let me tell you, it’s 100% worth every penny. I’ve had mine for about 2 1/2 years and love everything about it. You can make batter, cocktails, smoothies, soup, ice cream, seriously everything. And have you ever seen the twister jar? It makes nut butter in SECONDS. I also use it to make quick drinks. It’s nice to have the option of a large blender while still having the smaller jar option too. And they are very easy to clean, which makes life even better.
Right now, you can purchase a refurbished Blendtec Designer 625 for $100 off and free shipping. What an awesome deal and I’ve had a refurbished blender, let me tell you, they are just like brand new.
With this easy Healthy Birthday Cake Protein Smoothie, it can be your birthday everyday! If you make this smoothie, be sure to let me know how you like it and also snap a pic and tag @kimscravings on Instagram. Enjoy, Friends!
- 1 frozen large banana, as ripe as possible (peel before freezing)
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or milk of choice Use more or less milk, depending on desired thickness.*
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder**
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon butter flavoring you can find this with spices and extracts
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda or baking powder
- pinch of salt believe it or not, it really lets that b-day cake flavor shine through
- Optional: handful of sprinkles
- 1-2 cups ice cubes use more or less ice, depending on how slushie you prefer your smoothies
- Blend all ingredients together in your Blendtec or other high-speed blender. Add some sprinkles, before blending, and then throw some more on top!
- To get the extra sprinkles on the rim and inside of the glass, I added honey around the rim and fingerprints of honey on the inside of the glass and then pressed sprinkles to the dots of honey on the inside. For the rim, I added sprinkles to a bowl and then turned the glass upside down in the bowl to allow sprinkles to stick to the rim.
*If you're not a banana fan, try using 1/2 a large avocado to replace the banana. I've heard it tastes great, but it will tint your smoothie green.
**Feel free to leave out the vanilla protein powder, but I think it helps to give this smoothie a delicious b-day cake flavor. Perfect Fit Protein Powder has a lovely flavor and contains 15g protein, 100 calories, 1.5g fat, 5g total carbs, 0g sugar.
***If you prefer smoothies in a bowl, reduce milk or add a pinch of xantham guar gum.
****FYI: Butter flavoring is a vegan product.
*****For added nutrition, add a handful of baby spinach. It will make the smoothie green, but will not change the taste at all.
******Nutritional information calculated using unsweetened vanilla almond milk as the milk of choice and Perfect Fit Vanilla Protein Powder.
-Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie's Healthy Cake-Batter Milkshake
Love this Healthy Birthday Cake Protein Smoothie? Try my other favorites!
Something to think about….
Have you ever tried a birthday cake smoothie? Anyone with a birthday this month?
Sign up below for a chance to win this crazy cool prize! Giveaway runs until Wednesday July 25th at 12:00am CST. One lucky reader will be chosen at random to win a Blendtec Designer 625 and a Twister Jar. That’s close to a $600 value. That’s a lot of money. Craziness.
Many links in this post are affiliate links. If you purchase a product after clicking an affiliate link, I receive a small percentage of the sale for referring you, at no extra cost to you. Purchasing through affiliate links is an easy, painless way to help out your favorite bloggers… and help me pay my grocery bill! ???? Thank you so much for your support!