Grilled Orange Roughy with Blueberry Mango Salsa
It’s grilling season and I could not be happier about it! Fresh off the grill is Orange Roughy with Blueberry Mango Salsa. It’s everything you could want in a summer meal – light, fresh and flavorful.
I absolutely love orange roughy. Now, you could totally use cod or tilapia in this recipe, but if you haven’t given orange roughy a try, you really should. It has a lovely flaky texture and a mild flavor. I paired it with a fruity blueberry mango salsa to give it a little sweetness and just add an overall vibrant summery effect. You guys know how I feel about fruit salsa. 😍
This recipe comes together so quick and easy, perfect for those lazy summer days that turn into lazy summer nights. And it’s the kind of meal that I crave during the summer season – light, yet satisfying and bursting with fresh flavors.
To really add the pizzaz to this recipe, La Vaquita Queso Fresco to the rescue! Queso Fresco – “fresh cheese” – is made from pasteurized cow’s milk. It is a crumbling cheese similar to feta, goat cheese or blue cheese. However, unlike stronger crumbling cheeses, the flavor of Queso Fresco is smooth – fresh, bright, milky, and mild – making it a perfect complement to just about any dish.
La Vaquita’s Queso Fresco is creamy and easy to crumble, so it’s easy to add to any dish and worked especially well in the blueberry mango salsa. And then more crumbling action over the whole dish – lip smackin’ wonderful!
La Vaquita’s Queso Fresco is an irresistible topping in a variety of meals. It’s always on board when we’re cooking up tacos or any other Mexican favorite. I also love to top my salads and soups with it. Oh and don’t forget to sprinkle it over your eggs, omelettes and mix it in frittatas for breakfast or brunch. And it’s equally tasty with side dishes like beans or grilled corn. It’s pretty much a must with any type of meal. Perfect for that extra pop of color and flavor!
I hope you all LOVE this flavorful seafood meal! It’s:
Easy to make
& Perfect for summer
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #kimscravings on instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
For a step-by-step of how to make Orange Roughy with Blueberry Mango Salsa (in a skillet), watch this short video:
- 1 pound orange roughy, (any white fish will work)
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning, (or other favorite seasoning)
- 1/2 lime
BLUEBERRY MANGO SALSA
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, , deseeded and diced
- 1/4 cup packed fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4-1/2 cup La Vaquita Queso Fresco
- Juice 1/2 lime over fish and sprinkle with taco seasoning on both sides. Allow fish to marinate for a few minutes. Heat grill, grill pan or skillet over high heat and spray with non-stick spray or brush with oil. Cook fish until browned and cooked through, 2-3 minutes on each side. White fish cooks super quick, be careful not to overcook!
- Once fish is cooked, plate and serve with Blueberry Mango Salsa. Top with additional La Vaquita Queso Fresco if desired.
BLUEBERRY MANGO SALSA
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Other seafood recipes you’ll love!!
Something to think about….
What’s your favorite grilled fish? Have you ever tried La Vaquita cheese? For more recipe inspiration, visit the La Vaquita website. La Vaquita products can be found at H-E-B, Fiesta, Walmart, Kroger and other local grocers throughout Texas.
This post is sponsored by La Vaquita. As always, all opinions are my own.