Greek Yogurt Blueberry Ice Cream
This recipe for Greek Yogurt Blueberry Ice Cream seriously could not be easier. It’s the perfect simple treat when you’re craving a little something sweet.
To whip up this Greek yogurt ice cream you basically only need one ingredient- your favorite Greek yogurt, 5 minutes and a blender. Let’s face it. It’s bathing suit season right now. I have a beach vacation in the coming weeks and a bikini to wear…. yikes! Greek yogurt blueberry ice cream will be the only ice cream treat I’ll be indulging in until I’m actually on my vacation. Ha!
My favorite Greek yogurt to use for this recipe is Dannon Light and Fit Blueberry Greek Yogurt. This is post is not sponsored by Dannon and I did not receive any Greek yogurt free of charge, it simply has the best flavor and level of sweetness for achieving a Greek yogurt ice cream that actually tastes like a dessert. You don’t even need to add in the Stevia or fresh fruit.
Greek yogurt ice cream is pretty awesome, but aren’t these little crumpled looking cups the cutest thing you’ve ever seen? Revol so generously sent them to me to try out. They are definitely a conversation piece! You can actually bake muffins in them. My kiddos got a big kick out of their breakfast when I served their muffins in these unique cups. You could also use them for soup samplers, oatmeal, pudding and whatever else your heart desires.
- 2 5.3 oz containers of blueberry greek yogurt*
- 2 packets Stevia** optional
- 1/2 cup fresh organic blueberries feel free to use another favorite berry or fruit*** (optional)
- Mix yogurt and sweetener (if needed) together in a medium bowl. Next scoop yogurt into an ice cube tray.
- Place ice cube tray in freezer for at least two hours.
- Once yogurt is frozen, let it thaw out for about 10 mins and until it starts to slightly melting around the edges.
- Next, remove it from the ice cube tray and place in a blender. Blend for about 5-10 second or until yogurt is slightly creamy, scooping down the sides as needed. Stir in berries (if using) and spoon into two ice cream bowls or scoop into cones. Enjoy immediately!
*I used Dannon Light and Fit Blueberry Greek Yogurt. Feel free to use your favorite Greek yogurt variety.
**Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt is on the sweeter side, so you may not need any additional sweetener. I didn't. Also, feel free to use your favorite sweetener or granulated sugar.
***You will want to use about 1/4 cup fruit per serving of ice cream. This recipe can easily be adjusted to serve as many people as you want.
-I did not compute nutritional info, as this will vary depending on what yogurt is used. If you use only yogurt then you'll know what the nutritional content is just by reading the package. Dannon Light and Fit Blueberry Greek Yogurt has 80 calories, 0g fat, 12g protein, 7g sugar, 9g carbs, 10mg cholesterol
Greek Yogurt Blueberry Ice Cream is great, but be sure to try my other summer treats!
What’s your favorite healthier summer treat? Have you ever tried making ice cream with Greek yogurt?
This post is sponsored by Revol. All opinions are my own.