Carrot Hummus and other Game Day Eats
Happy Monday to you! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was good, but went by way too fast (as always). Next weekend, I’ll be traveling to Houston (about 5 hours away) for Landen’s gymnastics meet, but lots of you will be watching the big game or pretending to watch the big game with your significant other. 😉 I’ve compiled a variety of healthy recipes perfect for game day or any day. But first, let’s talk Carrot Hummus… you should definitely add this dip to your game day snack menu!
My mom came across the Carrot Hummus on The Biggest Loser website, gave it a try and told me that I should really try it too. I’m so glad that I did… Brad especially enjoyed it and said that it was his favorite hummus ever. It’s one of my favorites too and pairs really well with Mary’s Gone Crackers.
- 1 cup well packed shredded carrots or 2 cups baby carrots
- 1 15 oz. can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup lemon juice about one large lemons
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup tahini sesame seed butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. salt plus more to taste
- ½ tsp. cumin
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until smooth, about 2 minutes. Transfer hummus to serving bowl, serve raw veggies, crackers, chips and/or mini pitas. Makes a great spread for wraps and sandwiches too!
Makes a great spread for wraps and sandwiches too!
If you’re in charge of game day snacks, here are a few more ideas of foods that you might want to include. Click on the name of the recipe to be taken to the page where the recipe appears.
Something to think about…..
Are you going to be watching the Super Bowl? Are you really interested? Not me, but I am looking forward to catching the half-time show with Bruno Mars.
What are your favorite game day eats or party snacks?
Have you ever tried any of the recipes from The Biggest Loser? I’ve actually tried several and always been pleased.
Hope the start to your week is absolutely marvelous!!