Hi, friends! Hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend! I did some shopping, baking and did some planning for someone’s upcoming 1st birthday. It’s so hard to believe that I wrote my post announcing my grandson, Will, almost a year ago. We’ve learned a lot, over the course of the year, regarding what products worked well and what didn’t. I’ve partnered with babycubby.com to round up some of our favorite and most necessary baby essentials that we’ve used and LOVED during Will’s 1st year.
There are so many baby products out there and as a new mom, it can be totally overwhelming. You want to swaddle your baby? There’s the classic swaddle, the muslin swaddle, the bamboo swaddle, the velcro swaddle, the sleep sack, the Woombie, the Miracle Blanket, the Zippy and more. We went through many products trying to find the best one for Will. Even though every baby is different, I thought I’d share the products that worked best for us out of the many, many that we tried. Hopefully this baby essentials round up will come in handy if you’re newly pregnant, looking for items for your growing baby or trying to figure out a gift for a pregnant friend.
1. As an infant, before Will was sitting up and more mobile, he absolutely loved sitting in his 4Moms MamaRoo. These are a bit pricey, but it was well worth the splurge to have something to stick him in when taking a shower or doing other things around the house. A great addition to your baby registry!
2. The Ergobaby Four Position 360 Carrier is top notch. Will is secure and comfortable sitting in it and Alexis is equally comfortable toting him around. We will definitely be bringing this on our trip to NYC, this November.
3. It takes a lot of equipment just to get out the door with a new baby. The Ju Ju Be B.F.F Diaper Bag was so helpful. It includes tons of pockets and organization space. There is literally a place for everything, from diapers to bottles. If this color isn’t for you, no worries, there are tons of fabric choices.
4. Will has a regular high chair at his house, but the Bumbo Multi Flour Seat is what I have at my house to feed Will. This seat is simply awesome! It’s great for younger babies to just sit up in and it’s been a lifesaver for feeding Will at Gigi and Papaw’s house. 🙂
5. Alexis received the Britax Travel System B-Safe 35 and B-Agile from my parents and we have nothing but great things to say about the car seat and stroller. We had researched the safest system and this rated as one of the tops. As a newborn the Britax car seat kept little Will safe and secure. I use the stroller almost every evening to take Will on a walk or jog. It glides perfectly, even when I’m jogging and it could not be easier to fold up for storing.
6. Now that Will has moved out of the infant car seat and into a convertible car seat, we’re loving the Chicco NextFit Convertible Car Seat. Again, Alexis researched for the safest choice and this Chicco was at the top of the list. It fits easily into her smaller car and Will is super comfortable while being chauffeured from place to place.
7. The 4Moms Breeze Playard isn’t totally necessary, but it has definitely been nice to have. It’s perfect for overnight trips, days at the park, beach or anywhere the family goes. It conveniently takes less than one minute to set up and has an extremely easy fold, with just one simple motion.
8. Another item that isn’t necessarily a necessity, but still great to have, is the Little Unicorn Swaddle. Alexis received several different types and brands of swaddle blankets, but the Little Unicorn was our favorite. They’re super soft, lightweight and large enough to easily swaddle your growing baby.
9. In my opinion, a glider or really good rocker is a MUST with a new baby in house. Comforting for mom, baby and anyone else caring for baby; I bought one for my house immediately when I found out Will was on the way and Alexis has one at her house too.
10. Just like the glider, I would have to say having a Boppy is a MUST with baby. This is another item that I made sure to also have at my house. They are so helpful when nursing and even just holding baby in a comfortable position. Then later they can be used as a support for baby during tummy time.
11. If you’re committed to breastfeeding your baby and know that you will need to pump, I can’t recommend the Medela Pump in Style Advanced enough. It is the same pump I used with my babies and since Alexis has gone back to work, she has been using. I tried a few others when I was having babies and even though it is one of the more expensive breastpumps, it is SO worth it.
12. If you’re a new mother, you’ll come to find VERY soon that burp clothes are essential. We really like the Aden + Anais Burpy Bibs. They’re soft, double as bibs and come in all sorts of fun patterns.
13. One of the first toys I bought for Will was an Oball Rattle. It was one of the first toys that he was able to grab and somewhat play with. It’s still one of his favorites.
14. Just for fun, I’m throwing in one of our favorite clothing items for baby Will. We love his Freshly Picked Moccasins! They are so cute and now that he’s walking around, they keep his feet protected.
All of these baby essentials can be conveniently purchased from babycubby.com. The Baby Cubby is not just any ordinary baby store. They are all about engaging with parents, whether that be on their blog, website or social media. The chat assistant that is available on the website was very helpful when I had a particular question about the comparison of two similar products. The Baby Cubby offers the best and safest baby gear, they price match with Amazon and other places and offer free shipping nationwide with orders of at least $49.
Something to think about….
Did I miss anything? What’s something you found essential to have with your baby?
Thanks babycubby.com for sponsoring this post and helping me gather the most awesome baby essentials we used for our little sweetie.