5 Things Friday
Hello and happy Friday to ya! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend planned! After getting back from vacation on Sunday, I’m looking forward to low-key weekend of getting my house in order. Fun… fun!
I’m keeping things easy squeezy today with 5 things Friday….
1. Okay… so I’m sure you guys are really getting sick of hearing about my tomato overload. But remember the picture that I posted Wednesday? Take a look at the picture below… we’re drowning…. #firstworldproblems. FYI- I’ve got a yummy tomato soup recipe comin’ atcha soon.
2. July is national ice cream month and be expecting lots of ice cream recipes. Remember my new purchase?!?! I’ve already got two recipes to post, so far. Check out this vegan blueberry ice cream post that I’m working on for Blue Diamond!
3. If you’re looking for a light beach read, Emily Giffin’s new book; The One and Only is great. I’ve read all of Giffin’s previous books and have enjoyed all of them. It’s chick lit with a little depth… my kind of summer read. Plus, this book’s set in small Texas towns and it’s kind of fun to read about towns I actually know about.
4. I’m currently typing this post up while watching my all-time favorite summer show… Big Brother. Any other fans reading? The show is a little goofy, but it’s so fun to watch! I’m so happy it’s back. There have only been two episodes, so it’s not too late to jump in on the fun. 😉
5. Before my vacation to Florida I was sent some juices from Daily Greens to try. Since we were taking a cooler full of food to Florida, I decided to take the juices with me as a way to keep my veggie intake up, while on vacation. The juices can also be used for cleansing… you can read all about that, here.
Daily Greens juices totally did the trick! I drank them on the road; which was absolutely perfect to give me the extra energy needed to make the 12 hour drive. I also enjoyed them as snacks on the boat and beach. Thanks, Daily Greens, I now have a new obsession! 😉
I loved the flavor of most of the juices, but I’m also used to drinking green juices. Brad wasn’t quite sure. The only juices that I didn’t care for was the Vitality (too spicy) and Enlighten (too rich). The story behind Daily Greens is pretty awesome. The company was created by a young mother that attributed her complete recovery from breast cancer in part, to her current healthy lifestyle, which includes her regimen of drinking a green juice every day. Read more and watch a video of her story, here.
Pretty amazing stuff, straight from the Daily Greens website: Americans are starting to wake up to the fact that many of our modern diseases can be reversed and sometimes cured with diet. Recently the FDA increased its recommendation for servings of vegetables and fruit from 4-5 servings per day to 7-9 servings per day. Daily Greens™ has 9 servings of raw vegetables and fruit pressed into each bottle.
Something to think about…
Are you a Big Brother fan? Any TV show that you’re loving, right now?
Have you read any of Emily Giffin’s books?
Have you tried Daily Greens? How do you feel about green juices?
Have a wonderful Friday and a lovely weekend!
I was provided Daily Greens juices for review. As always, all opinions are my own.