25 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Me
Happy weekend, friends!!! Who else could totally get on board with the pooch below… minus the rocks? 😉
I’ve been cooking up a storm and posting lots of recipes. I decided to take a break from the madness and post something fun, not that healthy birthday pancakes aren’t fun… but they take a lot of work on my part. 😉
Yesterday, Tina shared this 25 Things post after seeing a similar piece in US Weekly. It’s been awhile since I’ve done a nonfood post, so I thought I’d give it a shot!
25 Things You (Probably) Didn’t Know About Me-
1. I swear, I’m a misplaced Floridian… I’m a total beach girl at heart.
2. I have a lead foot and have so many speeding tickets I’ve lost track. But I haven’t had one in a couple of years… somebody knock on wood!
3. While we’re on the subject of speeding tickets… I’ve also had quite a few car accidents. One that occurred over 10 years ago was so bad I was careflighted from the scene.
4. If you don’t think you like oatmeal, you’ve never had my oatmeal! Same thing with Brussels sprouts. 😉
5. Two huge pet peeves- people smoking in front of their children… really people smoking in general and people not buckling their kids or themselves up in the car.
6. I have a 17-year-old daughter and she was born when I was 17.
7. Favorite drink… coffee. Okay, that’s something that you probably did know.
8. I can knit. I’m not very good, but I have a made a scarf and part of a blanket.
9. As a child the only veggies I would eat were white potatoes and corn, but something changed when I was in my late twenties and now I can’t get enough of them. Here’s to hoping the same thing happens with my kiddos… a little sooner, though.
10. I was about a year from graduating from nursing school when I changed my major to education.
11. I have my Masters degree in special education.
12. I didn’t always love to cook. In fact, I cooked very little during about the first 10 years of my marriage.
13. I don’t have a gallbladder. You really wanted to know that, didn’t you?
14. Past jobs (in order)- hostess, waitress, tanning salon clerk, nurse’s aide, teacher and presently an educational diagnostician. I do special ed testing and meetings and fun stuff like that.
15. First car was a teal colored Geo Storm with a pink pinstripe. Yes, I thought I was so cool. Then I passed it down to my husband and got a red Pontiac Firebird. Haha! I couldn’t find a picture of a Geo Storm with a pink stripe, but you get the idea. source of pic
16. I have two tatoos.
17. I’ve seen every single episode of 90210, ER and Grey’s Anatomy. But I’m actually not much of a TV person. I’d rather be blogging….
18. My very first tape (I’m that old) was Cyndi Lauper’s Girls Just Want to Have Fun.
19. I usually wake up 5-10 minutes before my alarm goes off.
20. You can totally tell I’m from Texas when I talk… so I’ve been told.
21. My mom, sister and I all sound the same. Someone I don’t know at all can hear me talk and know who I’m related to.
22. #1 on my bucket list is to swim with dolphins. It WILL happen.
23. I’m a first born.
24. Growing up, I had a HUGE crush on Corey Swaim and Kirk Cameron… not so much anymore.
25. I love games, but the adults in my family don’t… boo.
Play along…. Share a few things that most people probably don’t know about you.
Giveaway ends tomorrow. Be sure to enter. To read all about the goodies up for grabs, refer to this post.