Easy Sausage Rice Skillet Meal is a hearty dish you can make in just one pot with very little hands on time! It’s packed with flavor and guaranteed to satisfy!
Not too many people have the time or energy to make an elaborate dinner on busy weeknights…I know I don’t. I’m often carting the kiddos from one activity to the next, in the evening, so I need fast meals. That’s why I’ve been striving to create meals that are quick and easy, but still full of flavor and satisfying. And I’ve told you that I hate to do dishes, hence the one pot thing.
Grab your skillet and let’s get cooking!
First, you’ll want to start your rice cooking. My rice of choice is RiceSelect Texmati Brown Rice. It’s ideal for so many recipes from stir-fries and soups to pilafs and casseroles. All RiceSelect products are made with the finest, all-natural ingredients, using exacting standards and rigorous attention to detail. Each product developed provides a special quality, taste or texture, making it perfectly suited for a wide variety of recipe applications.
The nutty taste and slightly chewy texture is absolutely perfect in this recipe. Once the rice is just about done, add in all other ingredients and let everything get warm and the veggies soft.
Last, sprinkle on a pinch of freshly chopped parsley. That’s it! You’re done! Easy, right? The next time you’re on the hunt for a quick, flavorful & filling meal, give this recipe a try!
I’m in love with this dish! It’s:
Easy to make
Protein-rich (over 22 g protein / serving!)
& SO delicious
This would make the perfect weeknight meal when you’re craving something hearty yet healthy. It’s extremely customizable: Sub salsa for the tomato sauce, zucchini for the broccoli, or whatever seasonal vegetables you have on hand. And it stores well, making it perfect for leftovers the next day!
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave a comment and don’t forget to tag a photo #kimscravings on Instagram so I can see what you come up with. Enjoy, friends!
- 2 cups RiceSelect Texmati Brown Rice (uncooked)
- 5½ cups low-sodium chicken broth (divided)
- 1 (10-12 oz.) package chicken sausage links, sliced diagonally
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- Combine rice and 4½ cups broth in a large saucepan; bring to boil. Cover with lid, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 mins.
- After about 30 mins of cooking; add sausage, bell pepper, broccoli, onion, tomato sauce and remaining 1 cup chicken broth. Cover and cook over medium heat for about 15 mins more, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, stir, garnish with fresh parsley, taste and add salt and pepper as needed. Enjoy!
Check out my other favorite dinner ideas!
Something to think about….
Do you have a favorite quick and easy dinner idea?
Have you tried RiceSelect Texmati Brown Rice?
This post is sponsored by RiceSelect. As always, all opinions are my own.