This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Withings, part of Nokia. All opinions are 100% mine.
My favorite detox salad is packed with nutrients, deliciousness and fulfills all New Year’s resolutions!
We’re 23 days into the new year. How’s it going so far? Still sticking with those New Year’s Resolutions?
One New Year’s goal I set for myself was to consistently prep a few healthy snacks and meals, on Sunday, to have ready to go for the week ahead. Having nutritious foods conveniently prepared ahead of time, makes for healthier eating choices and saves tons of time during the week. This colorful, chopped detox salad has been my latest go-to recipe to fix ahead of time for lunches through the work week.
I don’t know if you made any resolutions, but perhaps this wholesome, easy-to-make detox salad can help you stick with any healthy eating-related goals, too. It’s legit loaded with so many detoxifying veggies and has such a fabulous texture!
So far, so good with my food prep goal. I’m also rocking my workout goals. And the world’s thinnest and most advanced scale is helping in a major way!
Yes, all of your dreams can come true! Body Cardio provides so many sweet features! Not only can you track your weight, BMI, total body fat and water percentage plus muscle and bone mass, you have the ability to set a weight goal and manage your daily calorie budget with integrated nutrition tracking for up to 8 people.
There is even an option to follow heart health at home with the introduction of a new measurement: ‘pulse wave velocity’. It provides heart rate as well as unique insights into arterial health and has the potential to transform how people care for their heart. Tracking my measurements and heart health has definitely inspired me to stick with my health goals this year.
In addition, Withings created a Health Mate app that automatically updates via wifi or bluetooth, so users can see what works, offer positive reinforcement and create reachable goals to stay focused right from the convenience of their smartphone. Pretty smart!
Let’s continue the “New Year, New You” mentality and talk more about this yummy detox salad – the base is made up of Tuscan kale (I also used a frilly purple kale for extra color), broccoli, Brussels sprouts, carrots and parsley. It’s a simple chopped mixed salad that gets dressed up in a flavorful avocado tahini dressing. Love using tahini and avocado to make sauces and dressings so creamy, healthy and tasty!
This is the perfect salad to prep on Sunday and enjoy for lunches through the week. I’ve found that the longer the salad sits and marinates in the dressing, the better it becomes. Seriously, this salad is everything, and so simple to throw together. You can also add grilled chicken, fish or boiled eggs for a boost of protein.
- For the salad:
- 4 cups chopped kale or spinach or a mix of the two
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups roughly chopped Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup roughly chopped carrots
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup pecans, almonds or walnuts or a combination
- 2 tablespoons sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- For the dressing:
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoons tahini (ground sesame seeds)
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt + more to taste
- Using a food processor, process all veggies until finely chopped (stop processing before veggies get liquidy) and transfer to a large salad bowl. You may need to do this in multiple batches, depending on the size of your food processor.
- Add nuts to the food processor and pulse, until roughly chopped, and mix in with the salad along with the seeds.
- Using the food processor again, process all the ingredients for the dressing, then stir dressing into salad. Add salt, pepper and any other favorite seasonings to taste. Enjoy!
If you like my favorite detox salad, you’re sure to enjoy these other faves!
Something to think about….
Did you make any healthy living resolutions for the new year? Be sure to check out the Body Cardio Scale at Withings.com and get one for yourself at 20% off with the coupon code: WITH-HEALTH-Y4324W. Good until 3/1/17, not valid for Steel HR.