Get ready to shake up your summer cookout with this sweet, colorful and oh-so-sassy Triple Berry Almond Spinach Salad! It’s so easy to make and pairs perfectly with whatever you’re grilling. From seafood to steak to hot dogs, this uber healthy, antioxidant-rich side salad will kick your summer meal up a couple of notches.
Bursting with fresh summer berries, Triple Berry Almond Spinach Salad is perfect anytime of the year, but just can’t be beat during the summer months, when strawberries, blueberries and blackberries are at the peak of perfection.
Truly the perfect dish when it starts to get super hot outside. So easy too- tossing a few ingredients in a bowl and mixing a few ingredients for the dressing is all that’s required. This recipe will make 6 side salads, or feel free to serve it as 2-3 main meals. Brad and I like to add either grilled chicken or fish to the top and (almost) eat the whole thing between the two of us.
I absolutely love serving bright beautiful dishes to pair with burgers or steaks when hosting summer get togethers. For my last summer party, I served most of the food using my super cool new kitchen products from Revol. Revol seriously has some of the funnest most unique bakeware, cookware and everything else related to food prep. You can see in these pictures, I actually used both of my new pizza stones as serving dishes. That’s easy to do when they’re as gorgeous as the Revol slate style pizza stones. Revol also sent me the Essential Everyday Chip and Double Dipper set. You can see the dip cups used for holding blueberries in the pictures above and below.
This salad is everything, but I strongly recommend taking the extra 2-3 minutes to whip up the citrusy dressing. It’s so good and combines so well with the sweet berries and creamy avocado. Of course, store-bought dressing will work, but this homemade version is lighter and all natural. You’ll never buy poppy seed dressing again!
I can’t wait for you guys to try this delicious, healthy, colorful berry spinach salad; just don’t forget the poppy seed dressing. This triple berry almond spinach salad is:
light and healthy
full of texture
jam packed with flavor and antioxidants
and bursting with sweet berry deliciousness!
If you get a chance to make it, be sure to tag me @kimscravings on Instagram, so I can check out your version!
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach or whatever green leaf lettuce you prefer
- 1 cup sliced fresh organic strawberries (slice vertically down the center and then each half, in half horizontally)
- ½ cup fresh organic blueberries
- ½ cup fresh organic blackberries (halved if they are really large)
- 1 large avocado, diced
- ½ small red onion, finely sliced
- ¼ cup chopped almonds (I used honey roasted, but feel free to use your favorite variety.)
- For the dressing:
- juice of one large lemon
- juice from one small lime
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a large salad serving bowl.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or jar.
- Top salad with dressing and gently toss to coat all leaves. Enjoy immediately. If making salad ahead of time, wait to pour dressing on until just before serving.
-Feel free to use a store bought dressing. Poppyseed, balsamic vinaigrette and/or Panera Bread's Fuji Apple Vinaigrette Dressing would all make tasty choices.
Like this Triple Berry Almond Spinach Salad? Try my other favorite salad recipes.
Something to think about….
Have you ever used any Revol products for cooking, baking or serving?
What’s your favorite summer salad idea?
This post is sponsored by Revol. All opinions are my own.