This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #livethefairlife #CollectiveBias
If you’re looking to change up your morning meal, this Chocolate Chip Banana Quinoa Breakfast Bake is for you. Gluten-free, super satisfying and a fabulous way to start the day!
This breakfast bake is super easy to whip up. It does require a longish baking time, but the hands on time is very minimal.
Assemble your ingredients and there’s no need to pre-cook the quinoa, it will cook up perfectly in the oven. (Please note, only wet ingredients are pictured.)
Whisk all of the wet ingredients together and then throw in the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture (which will be very liquid-y) into an 8×8″ baking pan and pop it in the oven. After about 40 minutes of baking, take the deliciousness to the next level by adding some mini chocolate chips over the top. Bake about 15-20 more minutes and then you’re all set… and your house will be filled with a wonderful aroma!
For an extra special breakfast, I recommend chocolate drizzle over the top. The breakfast bake works okay as squares, but even better- spoon it out into a bowl and serve with a splash of fairlife, chopped almonds and diced strawberries. You could almost call this dessert for breakfast! No shame, though, it’s totally healthy, satisfying and full of nourishing ingredients.
If you struggle with finding time to make a satisfying breakfast, give this a try. It will feed you for a whole week! Also, perfect for serving a crowd… of overnight visitors or a hungry family!
A new product in my life and the one I used to create this bowl of deliciousness is fairlife. fairlife is ultra-filtered for more natural protein and calcium that comes directly from our milk. Not only does fairlife have more of the things that we want, but it also has less of the things we don’t. It contains 50% less sugar than regular milk and no lactose or artificial growth hormones.
- 3 medium very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups fairlife
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips + 1 tablespoon more for drizzle
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8" pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine mashed banana, eggs, milk, maple syrup and vanilla. Add and stir quinoa, baking powder and sea salt into wet ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to baking pan, bake for about 40 minutes. Top with mini chocolate chips and continue to bake about 10-15 minutes more and until edges are golden brown and middle is set.
- For optional drizzle; combine 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips and ½ teaspoon coconut oil. Microwave in 20 second increments and then stir until chocolate is melted. Transfer to a baggie with a very small cut in one of the corners. Squeeze chocolate out of cut to drizzle across quinoa bake.
- Spoon out 6 servings and enjoy with a splash of fairlife, chopped almonds and berries.
I picked up fairlife at my local Kroger. Use this store locator to find out if your Kroger carries fairlife. fairlife is located near all other milk products.
Something to think about….
Have you tried fairlife?
What about quinoa for breakfast? Have you tried that? Both are MUST tries!!
You can find fairlife on Facebook and get more recipe inspiration!