TGIF! I actually had a great and very productive week (at work), but, of course, I’m always ready for the weekend. 😉 I’m pretty sure work is going to be crazy busy until the end of the school year….40 more days (with the students), but who’s counting? “5 Things Friday” posts are quick and easy and since work is taking all of my blogging time, that’s what I’m going with.
1. I’m so happy to be a morning person! I was reading a bunch of different articles on Huffington Post (love that site) yesterday and came across this post of seven things morning people do differently. My husband thinks I’m crazy for getting up, usually, before 6 AM on the weekends, but after reading this article, he may be a little jealous. Supposedly, morning people are happier, get better grades, are more conscientious, have a lower risk for depression, are nicer ;), and don’t hit snooze. Who else thinks the snooze button is just stupid? Why wake up before you have to, just to hit a button and go back to sleep? No snoozing in this household!!!
2. When the wifey is away the hubby will play! This is just one of the many shenanigans that I come home to. Yep…. I’ve got a monkey on my hands!
3. The weather here in Texas has been absolutely beautiful this past week… high in the 80’s everyday and not cold in the mornings. We also got some much needed rain last night; which is fabulous for our tomato garden. Can’t wait to make some of Brad’s Homemade Garden Salsa!!!
4. Speaking of the rain we got last night; I think it’s finally time that I own some rain boots. Can you believe I’ve never owned a pair of rain boots? That may be because I live in Texas and we don’t get too much rain. Still, I always regret not having a pair on rainy days. Anyone have a brand they love? I’m thinking Hunter. Love these!
5. Now that I’m a Fitfluential Ambassador…. woohoo…. I should probably share with you, the April Fitfluential monthly challenge. Last month the challenge was to run 100 miles. I wasn’t in the loop and didn’t even realize what the challenge was until it was about over, but I managed to run 110 miles in the month of March. Boooooyaaaa! 😉
The challenge for April is to plank everyday. See below for a handy dandy plank training calendar. I’m not planking everyday, but I did do three 1-minute planks last night. Planks are tough but, they sure make me feel strong!!!!
And something extra, just because I love ya so much! So true…. am I right?
I’m linking up with Claire from Fitting It All In for 5 things Friday. Head over and check out her blog and other Friday posts!
Something to think about….
Do you hit the snooze button? Please, say it ain’t so!
What are your weekend plans? Landen has his last gymnastics meet for the season on Saturday….. thank goodness. Did I just type that? It’s just that they’re sooooooooo long. 😉 And Sunday, I plan to relax and maybe do a little recipe creation.
Planks… love ’em or hate ’em or more appropriately…. love to hate ’em? Are you planning to participate in the Fitfluential plank-a-day challenge?
Have a super fab weekend!