Happy Marvelous Monday, friends! Hope everyone’s weekend has been relaxing, fun or maybe a little bit of both. Due to snow, I only worked a half day on Thursday and didn’t have to go in at all on Friday. An extra long weekend = one very happy girl! Valentine’s Day is less than a week away, so let’s start this Monday off with a Marvelous Valentine’s Day goody. A healthy snack with just enough decadence to make these Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bites a special Valentine’s Day treat!
- 2-1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup peanut butter, crunchy or smooth (other nut butters will work)
- 3 tablespoons honey (use maple syrup or agave for vegan)
- ½-1 cup chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life Brand. They are vegan, soy-free, dairy-free and nut-free) (optional)
- ¼ cup sprinkles + more for decorating (optional)
- Combine oats, peanut butter, honey and ¼ cup sprinkles in a large bowl until oats are moistened. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Roll mix into balls (about 1-1/2 inches). If mixture is not holding together, add more peanut butter and/or honey. If mixture is too wet, add more oats.
- Place balls on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper or parchment paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, warm chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 15-30 second increments, stirring each time. Once chocolate is melted, use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over balls or roll balls in chocolate using two forks.
- Add sprinkles to the balls, if desired.
These Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bites are really easy to throw together and my picky kiddos adored them. I can’t think of a more appropriate after school snack for this week. If you or your family has peanut allergies or if there are peanut allergies in your child’s class; use any other nut butter. I used crunchy peanut butter, but smooth will work wonderfully too. If you want to keep things vegan, use agave or maple syrup rather than honey. To keep this snack super clean and healthy, leave out the sprinkles and chocolate. If you’re a peanut butter lover, like myself, you’ll love these with just the oats, peanut butter and honey. But for the sake of Valentine’s Day, throw in the sprinkles and really do things up with the chocolate.
These Valentine’s Day Peanut Butter Honey Granola Bites will be the perfect recipe to link up to Davida’s (from The Healthy Maven) “The Great Valentine’s Day Healthy Bake-Off” on Friday. You should totally stop by Davida’s blog, everyday this week to see what healthy Valentine’s Day treat she’s cooking up!
Something to think about…..
Are you baking up something special for Valentine’s Day?
What are you looking forward to this week?
Any snow in your neck of the woods this weekend? I’m so ready for Spring!!!!!!
Make it a Marvelous Monday!