I’m sure you guys are well aware of how much I love snickerdoodle everything. I’ve been dying to try snickerdoodle waffles, but when I’m ready for breakfast, I’m READY for breakfast. So, I decided to give snickerdoodle waffles a try with my favorite pancake mix. I’ve talked about how much I love Kodiak Cake Pancake Mix before. The mix is easy and yummy; with good for you ingredients. Just add water for delicious low calorie waffles or pancakes. Any pancake/waffle mix will work with this recipe…. I just really love Kodiak Cake Mix.
- 1 cup pancake mix (Kodiak Cake pancake mix calls for 1 cup mix with 1 cup cold water; which yields 8 4" waffles)
- ½ teaspoon cream of tarter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, plus more for dusting of waffles
- 1 tablespoon sugar, plus more for dusting of waffles
- Warm waffle maker.
- Combine all of the above dry ingredients in a medium bowl add 1 cup water and stir.
- Pour waffle mix into waffle maker and sprinkle on additional sugar and cinnamon over the waffle.
- Allow waffle to cook, until desired doneness.
- Serve with butter and maple syrup or whatever else your heart desires! Enjoy!
Not only did I want quick and easy snickerdoodle waffles, but I also wanted them to be fairly healthy. The recipes that I have came across on Pinterest, involve soaking the cooked waffle in butter and then dipping it in sugar and cinnamon. I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t wrap my head around this. A little butter on my waffle is one thing, but actually soaking it in butter is just not going to happen. Guess what, friends? This recipe doesn’t call for a single drip of butter. I did throw in a little sugar for the whole snickerdoodle affect…. it’s pretty much a must when it comes to snickerdoodles. I used very little sugar, though. The cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on the waffle before it’s cooked creates such a lovely sugary crispiness, not to be missed. Kind of like cinnamon toast, but way better!
Something to think about…..
Have you ever tried snickerdoodle waffles? What about Kodiak Pancake Mix?
Did you watch Bachelor last night? What did you think?
You have entered the Albion Fit $50 giveaway, right?????
Hope your week is off to a wonderful start!