Happy Friday before Christmas! I’ve got two extra special things for you today!
I’ve been throwing a ton of not so healthy Christmas cookies your way with the Peppermint Crunch Sugar Cookies and the Swedish Teacakes and that’s just fine because the holidays are all about indulging in all of the delicious. How about a healthier cookie today, though? It’s really just as tasty as your average gingerbread cookie.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon all spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- course sea salt for sprinkling on tops of cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and prepare baking sheets with an all natural cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Beat almond butter, molasses, egg and sugar together.
- Add other ingredients to the almond butter mixture and cream all ingredients together.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of cookie batter 2-inches onto the baking sheet. Use the back of a fork to gently press cookie ball down in a criss-cross pattern. (spray fork with cooking spray to keep it from sticking, if needed)
- Bake for about 8 minutes. After taking cookies out of the oven, sprinkle cookies with course sea salt and allow them to cool on the baking sheet for about 2 minutes before moving them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
There is no oil, butter or flour in these tasty little cookies. Instead, we have almond butter and if you would rather, you could use any nut butter…. peanut butter, sun butter or cashew butter. And for all of my gluten-free friends…. have at ’em. These are completely gluten-free!
Okay, enough about the cookies. I have a Christmas present for you! I’m so excited to be able to give one lucky reader a pair of beautiful Ralph Lauren sunglasses from Sunglasses Shop.
Ralph Lauren sunglasses are not only really classy, they’re also super functional and comfortable. I have really enjoyed wearing these and I’ve received so many compliments. The dark purple and light tortoise shell frames are so different than anything I’ve ever had before. They are just absolutely gorgeous!
Are sunglasses on your Christmas wish list? Enter to win your very own pair of Ralph Lauren sunglasses! I’ll announce the winner Christmas day. Good luck!