Checking Items Off of my Fall Bucket List with Healthy Applesauce Bread

I’m checking things off of my Fall bucket list left and right! I’ve made pumpkin cookies, decorated for Fall, created a new chili recipe, bought new riding boots and made applesauce bread….. which brings us to today’s recipe. I’ve wanted to make applesauce bread ever since trying it at my grandparents’ house several years ago.
The most scrumptious healthy whole wheat applesauce bread!

With the apples and spices, this applesauce bread seemed very much like a Fall food, so that’s why I included it in my Fall bucket list. If you’re not a big fan of pumpkin or pumpkin bread (blasphemy) this recipe might just be for you. Apples are so juicy and wonderful tasting this time of year. I used my favorite apple for this recipe…. a large, crisp and predominantly sweet Honeycrisp apple.

Nutritional Information for Applesauce Bread

This bread is so moist, that you don’t need to top it with anything. It’s lovely right out of the oven with a cup of coffee. But if you must, it also pairs wonderfully with nut butter, Greek yogurt or pumpkin butter. Believe me, I know this for a fact because I’ve tried all three options!

The most scrumptious healthy whole wheat applesauce bread!

Something to think about….

Do you have a Fall Bucket List? If so, have you checked anything off of it yet?

Have you had applesauce bread before?

What’s your favorite type of apple? I pretty much stick with Gala, Pink Lady or Honeycrisp apples.

Have a super wonderful weekend and go make a Fall food!

Of possible interest: Registration for the preholiday Conscious Cleanse opens today. Click here to register and use code EBCC113 for $25 off  registration (valid through Friday, October 11th). If you’re interested in reading my thoughts on the Conscious Cleanse, I have several posts here.

Signature

Comments

• Kim says

I bet this would be so good with homemade applesauce! That’s still one thing that I need to try making. I’ve been wanting to try Amanda’s recipe.

1. says

Yay for getting a bunch of things crossed off that bucket list! I’ve been working on mine as well.
    Mmm….applesauce bread sounds amazing. I love applesauce, but can’t eat too much of it or I get these weird hives. It’s so odd.
    But, usually I can handle it in bread, which is always a plus!
    Lisa recently posted…Choose HappinessMy Profile

• Kim says

Hope you get a chance to give it a try! I think regular whole wheat will work just fine, especially if you’re used to baking with it. It will just be a bit more dense. Whole wheat pastry flour seems to cook up more like all-purpose flour.

2. says

Glad you decided to go with the bread ;) It looks delicious!!

My favourite kind of apple is definitely pink lady by far. Although we don’t get honey crisp apples here in Australia, or at least not that I’ve seen anyway!

3. angelica says

I really like the healthier ingredients but would like to sub the egg, maybe for a flax egg instead. Hope to take a loaf for my preschoolers snack time. Yum!

• Kim says

Coconut flour can be a little tricky and requires more liquid than other flours. I would not use coconut flour for this recipe, but if you’re wanting to use a grain-free flour, try almond flour. Good luck!

• Kim says

Thanks so much for your comment! This is absolutely one of my very favorite quick bread recipes… I need to make it again soon!

Trackbacks