Okay guys, before I go pumpkin crazy here on the blog; I’m going to share one more summery recipe. If you still have zucchini that needs to be used up, this is the recipe for you! It is super simple and light…. the perfect dinner to make before indulging in all that Fall has to offer.
If you don’t have a spiralizer yet, this one was a great investment. Spiralizers are such a great invention! So far, I’ve only used it to make zucchini noodles, but I’ve seen people make noodles with sweet potatoes and carrots too. Zucchini noodles are filling, but don’t put you on carb overload like pasta.
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 large zucchini (1 per person)
- Grape, cherry or mini heirloom tomatoes, halved
- Sliced mushrooms
- Onion slices
- sliced black olives
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced thick
- 1 meyer lemon or regular lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ tsp white pepper or black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Prepare your zucchini noodles julienne style or spiralized.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add all veggies, including zucchini to heated skillet. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring frequently, until veggies are tender.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor/blender and process until creamy. Taste for flavor adding anything extra you might like.
- Toss zucchini pasta with avocado-cucumber puree and enjoy.
With this super simple meal, you will have dinner ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes. The avocado sauce is also very versatile. It works great as a dip for baby carrots, sliced zucchini or crackers. And it also makes a wonderful salad dressing.
Something to think about…..
Have you ever used a spiralizer?
Have you ever made or had zucchini noodles?
Happy Friday! What fun do you have planned?