Happy Tuesday, friends!! I’m participating in a brand new linkup today and it’s one that’s pretty necessary, if I do say so myself. It’s all about treating yourself to whatever you love and whatever makes you feel great….. within reason, people!!
Head on over to Olive’s blog at Olives ‘n Wine to check out other “Treat Yourself Tuesday” posts. It may inspire you to be a little kinder to yourself!
Over the weekend, I did my fair share of treating myself…..
I bought a couple of cute dresses to take with me to HLS, this weekend!
I treated myself to a mani/pedi and went with black for the first time, ever. I figured it would go with everything and we are getting closer to Fall, so I can totally pull off a darker color, right?
I also was treated by Wild Harvest, one of the HLS sponsors. How nice is that?!?!
Yesterday, was the kickoff of the Conscious Cleanse and even though I love treating myself to healthy foods; I might rather be treating myself to one of these….. They were sold out last time I was at Trader Joe’s, which is probably a good thing considering there is no coffee aloud on the cleanse.
Now, how about treating yourself with this super-de-duper tasty nutbutter hummus? I think pretty much all of us like hummus and I’m pretty positive that we all LOVE nutbutter!! This nutbutter hummus can be made with any favorite nutbutter that your little heart desires. I actually used a homemade pistachio butter, which was absolutely divine!
This dip works perfectly with fresh fruit, baby carrots, graham crackers, cookies, a topping for waffles or pancakes or spooned straight out of the bowl! It’s also surprisingly great with chips too and you don’t even need tahini for this hummus!
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite nutbutter
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons water
- 1 can chick peas, rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon paprika (if you would like more of a sweeter hummus, try using a tablespoon of cinnamon)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- chopped nuts for topping, if desired
- Mix the nutbutter, oil, lemon juice, water, chick peas, paprika and salt and pepper to food processor or blender. Pulse until thick and creamy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hummus in a large bowl topped with additional oil, if desired to the top. Garnish with chopped nuts.
Something to think about…..
What is something that you’ve done to treat yourself, recently?
Are you a hummus fan? How about a nutbutter fan, or do I even have to ask?
Are you going to HLS this year?
Have a terrific Tuesday and be sure to treat yourself, even if it’s something as little as a bubble bath!