WIAW {a day in the life}

Thanks to Jenn over at peasandcrayons.com for hosting yet another round of WIAW! Don’t you love the new holiday button? Very festive! We’re going to change things up a bit this week and I’ll do this post “a day in the life” style.

So here we go…..

4:45 (Yes, I’m a very early riser!)- 1st cup of coffee for the day and it’s a Nantucket Blend k-cup. I’m lovin’ my coffee mug that I picked up from the Rockette show! Very festive, huh?!?!

5:45– Time for breakfast. On the menu, a chocolate microwave muffin topped with a PB2/banana mixture. The muffin was just okay. A bit dry for my taste; I think due to the coconut flour and not enough liquid. It did feel me up, though.

7:00– My unpictured, 2nd cup of coffee was enjoyed on my drive to work.

10:00– Whew….I’m ususally ready for my snack about 9:00, but I had a very busy morning at work. A couple of meetings delayed my snack a tad. You can never go wrong with a chobani champions yogurt and I topped it with pomegranate arils.

12:00– I can’t wait to share the recipe for my lunch with you {on the blog tomorrow}. Leftover spinach bacon quiche with roasted zucchini. Let me tell you, this quiche is out of this world, Paleo friendly and gluten/grain-free.

3:50– Snack time and what do you know? It’s apple slices and PB2! Golden Delicious today.

6:15– Dinner time…Madelyn’s choice! Tuesday night is our late night at gymnastics practice. Madelyn and I went to dinner at Which Which and I had the black bean patty, feta cheese, mushrooms, spinach, caramelized onions, black olives, tomatoes and mustard. Some baked Doritos may have been eaten too…..

We killed some more time by going to Target. I had a movie to take back. I had bought Landen Hunger Games on Black Friday, but turns out he actually already has it. Of course, we also did some Christmas browsing.

8:00– Gymnastics is over and we’re on our way home. I had a yummy snack on the drive home. Have you heard of Unjunked candy? It tastes exactly like the real thing, but without all the “junk”. You’ll hear more about it on the blog in a few days….I have a little something special in store for you guys.

These taste just like peanut M&Ms and look at the fun colors. The kids love them too.

8:45– We’re home! Time to run around like a crazy woman trying to get the kids and myself ready for bed and everything prepared for the next morning {today}.

10:00– Bedtime!

Something to think about…..

What was something delicious you enjoyed today?

Anyone’s alarm go off earlier than mine at 4:30?

How many cups of coffee a day do you enjoy?

Signature

Comments

• Kim says

I know….when I first started reading your blog, I thought well good, I’m not the only crazy one up before sunrise! 😉 I do have to be at work pretty early and it takes me a really long time to get ready, eat my breakfast and drink coffee. I’m an early riser on the weekends too, but not quite as early.

1. says

Ah what a tease with the lunch photo. Can’t wait for the recipe tomorrow. Have a wonderful Wednesday =)

Something wonderful I ate today: A Vanilla Pear & Banana smoothie.

2. says

Man, I thought I was an early riser for getting up at 7:00 (keep in mind I don’t have work or school right now, so I think that’s pretty early to get up and do nothing :P)

It’s a shame that microwave muffin wasn’t tastier, because it looks delicious. As does your quiche.. Cannot wait for the recipe for that one!
    Jess @ JessieBear What Will You Wear recently posted…SassyMy Profile

3. says

Wow, you had a busy/EARLY day! And I thought waking up at 7:00 was early! 😉

That breakfast quiche looks absolutely amazing, as does your sandwich from Which Which. That place has me intrigued now that you have posted about it a few times. I am going to have to see if there are any locations anywhere near me! I sure hope so :).
    Hannah @ CleanEatingVeggieGirl recently posted…Refried Bean Baked QuesadillasMy Profile

4. Libby says

I get up around 4:30 too! I usually have one cup of coffee..sometimes two but that is my limit! I tried the peanut butter cup unjunked candy. Loved it!!! Cant wait for the quiche recipe!

• Kim says

I agree….I like to just enjoy the quiet of the morning. Plus it just takes me a really long time to get me and the kiddos ready for the day! 😉

5. Sherry says

Yes, you are an early riser. You got me beat — I’m usually up at 5:20 AM to go to a 5:45 AM spin class. Love getting that done early in the AM, then I have the entire evening after work to spend with my family. BTW, that must have been an amazing muffin if it “felt you up” 😉 !

• Kim says

I love getting my workout done in the morning too! It gives me energy for the rest of the day and always feels good to have gotten something accomplished first thing.