Are you getting into the holiday spirit? I mean really getting into the spirit? I’m trying, but my last day of work isn’t until the Friday before Christmas this year and that makes it really hard for me. With the weekends being so busy with gymnastics, dance and other things; I’m having a hard time getting all of the many things that I want to do, done. Baking being one of those things….I did find about 10 minutes to crank this recipe out.
Today I’m bringing you a wildly addictive recipe that’s been popping up all over the web. It’s super easy and a crowd pleaser. Make a large batch and wrap it up for gifts.
Satisfy your sweet tooth in less than 10 minutes. Just be sure you’re not wearing a dark colored shirt or pants…..the powdered sugar will give you away.
- 9 cups rice or corn chex cereal
- ½ cup smooth all natural almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into large bowl.
- Combine almond butter, coconut oil and vanilla in a small pot over med heat and stir continuously until almond butter mixture is thinned out and heated.
- Drizzle almond butter mixture over cereal and stir gently until cereal is completely coated.
- Place sugar in a large baggie and gently shake until cereal is coated. (May have to do in several batches.)
The recipe is lightened up some by not using any chocolate and substituting the butter with coconut oil. I know it’s hard to believe, but in this recipe you really don’t even need to the chocolate. I actually tried healthifing this recipe even more by substituting shredded coconut for the sugar. It didn’t end up being sweet enough for my liking, but my daughter loved it. Maybe adding some honey to the almond butter mixture or other sweetener would make this work. If anyone experiments with this, let me know.
And here we are taking a little time to enjoy the holiday season….. Hope you’re taking time too!
Have a terrific Tuesday! Don’t forget to enter my giveaway to get yourself some UNREAL candy!