So how do you get a girl who absolutely hates beans to beg for beans? You make beans taste like cookie dough! If you haven’t tried this; you seriously don’t know what you’re missing.
I adapted this recipe from the awesome Chocolate-Covered Katie. Her creations and blog are pure genious.
This recipe is so easy. You basically just throw everything into a food processor and you’re good to go. I pack this in my daughter’s lunch for her “dessert” in a little plastic container and she eats it by the spoonfuls. I don’t have to feel a bit guilty about this “dessert” since she’s basically just eating beans, nutbutter, and milk. This also makes a great dessert to serve at a party or shower with some fruit and crackers for dipping.
Here are all of the ingredients needed…..
Just throw the chickpeas (garbanzo beans), nutbutter, salt, baking soda, almond milk, vanilla, oats, and xylitol into the food processor. Once you have processed all ingredients together; transfer to a medium bowl and fold in the chocolate chips. Easy peasy!!
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained & rinsed
- ¼ cup nutbutter (I use almond butter.)
- ⅛ heaping tsp salt
- ⅛ heaping tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp rolled oats (More, if desired to thicken dip.)
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp xylitol (or other preferred sweetner)
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand.)
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor, except chocolate chips and process for 1-3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a small to medium bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with fruit or crackers.
- Keeps for a week in the refrigerator; although mine has never lasted that long. ;)
And now on to Marvelous Monday hosted by the lovely Katie.
I’m hoping to have a Marvelous Monday today because:
- This is my last week at work before the kiddos start back to school and things get a lot more chaotic.
- I’m sharing one of my very favorite healthy snack ideas with you today.
- I’m taking some of that snack with me to work for a yummy treat. 😉
- Dinner last night was a success and I’ll be sharing it soon.
- I’m planning on this killer leg workout today.
- This week the weather forcast is low 90’s and high 80’s and for August in Texas, that’s awesome. This weekend was so nice, I was able to run outside.
Have a good one folks!!